Contest Rules and Regulations
Felicita’s is proud to host Battle of the Bands 2019 – 20. Last year was a great success, and we thank all the bands who performed and all those who came to support them! Battle of the Bands 2019 -20 will be held on Fridays between the dates of Oct 18th and April 3rd 2020. This year’s prizes are 1st – $750, a day in a record studio, and a Friday or Saturday headlining show per semester (2019-2020), 2nd – $500 and a Friday or Saturday headlining show once per year (2019-2020), 3rd – $250 and a Friday or Saturday mid slot show in the year (2019 – 2020).
To participate, your band must:
- All be 19 years or older; all band members will be ID’d (2 pieces required) on the day of performing, and no minors will be allowed in the bar
- Fill out and hand in an APPLICATION FORM before. Application forms can be picked up and returned to Felicita’s Campus Pub.
- Be available to play in the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals, and the Finals.
- Be available to play all the 1st Round dates indicated on your Application Form. You will be contacted about which date you will perform your 1st Round, and dates will be distributed on a first selected, first serve basis, with priority given to bands with at least one registered UVic student.
- Play a 40 minute set.
The 5 Round Process:
- You will perform your first set on your designated first round date at Felicita’s. Once all first round performances are completed you will be contacted soon after if your band has been selected to play in the next round. Your audience will be half your electorate for every round, so self-promotion is highly recommended and encouraged. 12 bands will be selected to play in the next round: 2 bands will be selected by audiences and judges from each of the 6 first round dates.
- If selected, you and the remaining 11 qualifying bands will be required to play the second round in early 2020. We will let you know which night your band plays. Two bands per each round will be selected to go on to the quarter finals round, and one band will be selected as a wild card, for a total of 9 quarter finalists.
- If selected, you and the remaining 8 quarter finalists will be required to play the quarter finals. We will let you know which night your band plays. Two bands per each quarter final night will be selected to go on to the semi-final round, for a total of 6 semi-finalists.
- You and the 5 other semi-finalist will battle. Two bands from each night will move forward to the final round.
- The Final Round will take place in Felicitas on TBD, 2020. There will be 3 bands competing for position. We will likely have celebrity judge on that night.
The Perks: You will be accompanied by a sound tech during each round to produce the best quality sound. Your band will gain a ton of exposure in a great student run venue, receive a $15/ member up to $75 bar tab each show and the chance to win a great monetary prize, and secure some shows. We look forward to hearing you!
The Cut off for applications Dec 31
Download: BotB Application Form