All events are currently under review
We are exploring possible ways they can be implemented during the pandemic. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Contest Rules and Regulations
Felicita’s is proud to host Battle of the Bands 2020. Last year was a great success, and we thank all the bands who performed and all those who came to support them! Battle of the Bands 2020 will be held on Fridays between the dates of Jan 10th and Jan 31st 2020. This year’s prizes are 1st – $750, a day in a record studio, and a Friday or Saturday headlining show per semester (2020 -2021), 2nd – $500 and a Friday or Saturday headlining show once per year (2020), 3rd – $250 and a Friday or Saturday mid slot show in the year (2020).
To participate, your band must:
- All be 19 years or older; all band members will be ID’d (2 pieces required) on the day of performing, and no minors will be allowed in the bar
- Fill out and hand in an APPLICATION FORM before. Application forms can be picked up and returned to Felicita’s Campus Pub.
- Be available to play in the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals, and the Finals held between Jan and April 2020
- Be available to play all the 1st Round dates indicated on your Application Form. You will be contacted about which date you will perform your 1st Round, and dates will be distributed on a first selected, first serve basis, with priority given to bands with at least one registered UVic student.
- Play a 40 minute set.
The 4 Round Process:
- You will perform your first set on your designated first round date at Felicita’s. All first round performances will be completed by Jan 31st, and you will be contacted soon after if your band has been selected to play in the next round. Your audience will be half your electorate for every round, so self-promotion is highly recommended and encouraged. 12 bands will be selected to play in the next round: 2 bands will be selected by audiences and judges from each of the 6 first round dates.
- If selected, you and the remaining 11 qualifying bands will be required to play the second round on either Feb 7th, Feb 28th or Mar 6th. We will let you know which night your band plays. Two bands per each round will be selected to go on to the quarter finals round for a total of 8 bands.
- If selected, you and the remaining 8 quarter finalists will be required to play the quarter finals in on either March 13thor Mar 20th. We will let you know which night your band plays. Two bands per each quarter final night will be selected to go on to the semi-final round, for a total of 4 semi-finalists.
- You and the 3 other semi-finalist will battle it out at the Final Round on April 3rd, 2020. There will be 4 bands competing for the winning position.
The Perks: You will be accompanied by a sound tech during each round to produce the best quality sound. Your band will gain a ton of exposure in a great student run venue, receive a $15/ member up to $75 bar tab each show and the chance to win a great monetary prize, and secure some shows. We look forward to hearing you!
Application Deadline is December 31, 2019
Application Form Download: BOTB Spring 2020 application